TERMS & CONDITIONS
These terms and conditions (the "Terms") govern your entry into the 2013 Innovate challenge (the "challenge"). By submitting an entry or idea in any form to the challenge you agree to these Terms.
Who can enter?
Entry to the challenge is open to any person or entity or group of people or entities. Individuals, businesses and organisations are all eligible, regardless of background. You can enter as an employee of an organisation or as a member of the general public.
Each entry must:
- provide the name and contact details of all people or entities making the entry;
- include all other information required on the entry form;
- must live in New Zealand
- be submitted to us on or before 30 April 2013.
To be eligible to win the Youth Award entrants must be aged 21 years old or younger on the closing date for entries (30 April 2013).
Can I enter more than once?
Yes. You can make as many different entries as you like.
Amending or cancelling the challenge
We reserve the right to amend or cancel the challenge at any time, including by amending the timeline. If we do so, we will notify entrants.
How will the judges decide who wins?
We will appoint judges to review all qualifying entries. Judges will be appointed at our sole discretion and discussion will not be entered into.
The judges will use multiple criteria when selecting the winning entries including the quality and the originality of the entry, the commercial potential and the ability to be supported and developed in Manawatu region.
They will also consider your skills, ability and motivation to develop the business, (although if you make it to the finals we will help you develop your business skills and provide the mentoring and support you need).
All decisions of the judging panel will be final (including any interpretation of these Terms) and discussion will not be entered into.
Judges will select up to 10 finalists, the youth award winner and the overall winner
Will I lose the intellectual property rights surrounding my entry?
If you enter the challenge:
- to the extent that you own any intellectual property rights in the idea included in your entry, those rights will remain your property. Nothing in these Terms grants us any interest in those rights (other than to extent necessary for making an assessment in accordance with these Terms); and
- you must ensure you are the owner or licensee of all intellectual property rights included in your entry and that the submission and assessment of your entry, will not breach any right or interest of any third party.
You must also clearly state in your entry if the development of your entry requires access to any third party's intellectual property.
We recognise the sensitivity of the information you provide, and will take care in handling confidential matters. We will only use confidential or personal information for assessing your entry and responding to you in relation to you entry.
Obligations of confidentiality will not apply in relation to information which:
- is or becomes publicly known;
- is already known to us at the time of disclosure; or
- is independently acquired or developed by us or any third party without the benefit of use of your information.
We may retain for our records copies of all information you provide in relation to the challenge.
Do I need to have developed my idea?
No. We are interested in all stages of ideas. It doesn't matter whether you have a dynamic initial idea, are at the research and development stage, have a working prototype or are already at the pilot and revenue generating stages.
You're still eligible to enter.
Do I need a business plan?
No. If you have one great, but if your entry has potential we'll help you develop this.
Are there grounds for disqualification?
We can disqualify entries if we think they breach these Terms, are frivolous, contain offensive subject matter or could otherwise damage our reputation.
We may disqualify your entry if you attempt to approach any of the judges other than when invited.
If you win a prize, you consent to us using your name for advertising and publicity purposes without further compensation.
The major prizes for the challenge are:
- Overall - $10,000 cash
- Inventor/Engineer Award - $1,000 cash
- Youth Innovation Award $1,000 cash and entry to the BCC market validation programme
- Finalists Awards (up to 10) $500.00 cash, prize pack and entry to the BCC market validation programme
We or our judges may award further prizes or support to entrants at our discretion.
All prizes will be awarded will be at our and our judges' discretion and cannot be substituted or redeemed for cash and are not transferable.
You agree that under no circumstances will The BCC or any of the challenge partners be liable to you for any cost, expense, loss or other claim of any kind arising directly or indirectly out of your entry to or otherwise in connection with the challenge.